what is the most likely source of oil dripping and slight burning oil smell
oil leak on 1996 Honda Accord
Valve cover gaskets (has two), any of the oil seals within the timing cover (front crank seal, camshaft seals) or the rear main seal/ torque converter seal, oil pressure switch or oil filter itself. You may have to have the engine washed first to clean off old oil or even add florescent dye into the oil to pin point the exact source of the leak.
Verified for the Honda Accord43 reports
Verified for the Honda Accord16 reports
Verified for the Honda Accord165 reports
Verified for the Honda Accord35 reports
Verified for the Honda Accord30 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1996 Honda Accord Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Hamburg, NY
- Fuel Filter Change ($105 - $134) in Umatilla, OR
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($205 - $342) in Malone, FL
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($292 - $485) in Beulah, MS
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($125 - $240) in Happy, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($297 - $336) in Castaner, PR