I have a 2005 325ci I noticed today a oil leak they may have been leaking for a while I had my oil changed about a month ago and 2 weeks ago my service engine light came on it looks like the oil leak is near the bottom of the filter area on the drive side of the engine. what could be the issue thanks
oil leak ? on 2005 BMW 325Ci
BEST ANSWER by dandd,
April 17, 2009
There are some special o-rings that leak on the oil filter housing that attaches it to the engine block. I am not sure about the Check Engine Light being related to the oil leak but, the code needs to be pulled and resolved in any case.
2 answersApril 17, 2009
Verified for the BMW 325Ci44 reports
1 answerMay 21, 2011
1 answerApril 18, 2013
Verified for the BMW 325Ci1 report
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325Ci Questions
- I have a bmw325ci and my car has white smoke coming from the pipe why is that ?
- Scraping sound in left rear tire
- All my electrical symbols are slowly coming on and staying on one by one.??
- Vacuum hose broken will it affect the car and how, driving and the car cuts
- Radio does nothing. It shows literally just this " --:-- AM". What is it?