Unfortantly my car was repoded, when I reclaimed it three weeks later the odometer read 63000 miles over from what I orinally had it at. My bank is handing the legal issue and working on rewriting my loan. What are my options fixxing this problem regarding my odometer
Odometer on 2002 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 2002 Ford Explorer
It would be physically impossible to drive 63,000 miles in 3 weeks. It is illegal to "turn back" the speedometer on any vehicle. If the bank own the car perhaps they want to contact a speedometer repair shop and let them deal with and the associated documentation. Google "speedometer repair".
0 answersDecember 30, 2009
0 answersAugust 14, 2011
1 answerJanuary 31, 2011
1 answerFebruary 15, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
- Dual zone heat. Driver side blows hot, passenger cold. what is issue?
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Kendrick, ID
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($127 - $161) in Logan, OH
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Walton, KS
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in La Grange, TX
- Throttle Body Replacement ($445 - $595) in Loleta, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($200 - $218) in Loretto, VA