Unfortantly my car was repoded, when I reclaimed it three weeks later the odometer read 63000 miles over from what I orinally had it at. My bank is handing the legal issue and working on rewriting my loan. What are my options fixxing this problem regarding my odometer
Odometer on 2002 Ford Explorer
It would be physically impossible to drive 63,000 miles in 3 weeks. It is illegal to "turn back" the speedometer on any vehicle. If the bank own the car perhaps they want to contact a speedometer repair shop and let them deal with and the associated documentation. Google "speedometer repair".
0 answersDecember 30, 2009
0 answersAugust 14, 2011
1 answerJanuary 31, 2011
1 answerFebruary 15, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
- my lift gait ajar massage stays lit in my message display
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Kendrick, ID
- Water Pump Replacement ($309 - 441) in Logan, OH
- 110,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Walton, KS
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($401 - 648) in La Grange, TX
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($153 - 235) in Loleta, CA
- Horn Replacement ($86 - 97) in Loretto, VA