Cylinder #1 Injector Circuit Low
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0261 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0261
Fault Code Definition
Code P0261 is triggered when the voltage in the #1 Cylinder Injector Circuit is too low. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses special transistors—called "drivers"—to turn the Fuel Injectors on and off in the Fuel Injection System.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In some cases, the engine will misfire and have a rough idle
- In some cases, the vehicle will get poor fuel economy
Common Problems That Trigger the P0261 Code
- Defective Fuel Injector
- Faulty or corroded Fuel Injector, wiring, and/or connections
- Plugged Fuel Injector
- Dirt in the Fuel Injector
- Fuel Injector or PCM is replaced when the problem is in the wiring and connections
- Fuel Injector is replaced when the real problem is a poor ground