P0224 - OBD-II Trouble Code
Our automotive experts have put together the following information about the P0224 diagnostic trouble code. We've provided the common symptoms that occur when this code is set along with the frequent repairs that address the issues related to the P0224 code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0224
Fault Code Definition
Code P0224 is triggered when the voltage signal from the Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch to the PCM is erratic or intermittent.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the engine may be hard starting or may not start at all
- In some cases, the engine may hesitate during acceleration
Common Problems That Trigger the P0224 Code
- Defective Throttle or Pedal Position Sensor or Switch
- Torn or jammed floor mats
- Faulty or corroded Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor wiring, or connections