Oxygen Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0134 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0134
Fault Code Definition
Code P0134 is triggered when the Oxygen Sensor signal that is sent to the Powertrain Control Module remains at or near the .450 set voltage point.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the vehicle may get poor fuel mileage
- In some cases, the engine may hesitate during acceleration
Common Problems That Trigger the P0134 Code
- Defective Oxygen Sensor
- Faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
- Defective Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit
- Oxygen Sensor Sensor is replaced when the real problem is a poor connection or chafed wiring
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the real problem is a vacuum leak