Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Intermittent
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0124 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0124
Fault Code Definition
Code P0124 is triggered when the voltage signal from the Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch to the PCM is erratic or intermittent.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the engine may be hard starting or may not start at all
- In some cases, the engine may hesitate during acceleration
Common Problems That Trigger the P0124 Code
- Defective Throttle or Pedal Position Sensor or Switch
- Dirty, carbon-filled Throttle Bore
- Torn or jammed floor mats
- Faulty or corroded Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor wiring, or connections