Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0110 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0110
Fault Code Definition
The Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor/Barometric Pressure Sensor measures the rise and fall of the air pressure inside the Intake Manifold. This provides critical data needed for the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control the Air Fuel Ratio, the Ignition Spark Timing, and many components of the Emissions Control Systems. The Intake Air Temperature Sensor converts the air temperature into a voltage that is high when the Intake Air is cold and low as the engine warms up.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the engine may be hard starting and/or get poor fuel economy
Common Problems That Trigger the P0110 Code
- Defective Intake Air Temperature Sensor
- Dirty air filter
- Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Faulty or corroded Intake Air Temperature Sensor wiring or connections