P0322 - OBD-II Trouble Code
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0322
What does this mean?
The Distributor/Crankshaft Position Sensor measures the exact rotational speed and position of the crankshaft. This provides a critical data signal used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control Ignition Spark Timing and Fuel Delivery.
Code P0322 is triggered when the Distributor/Crankshaft Position Sensor signal is interrupted and or unreliable.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- Hard starting/no start
- Engine hesitation or stalling
- Engine dies and will not re-start
Common Problems That Trigger the P0322 Code
- Defective Crankshaft Position Sensor(s)
- Faulty or corroded Crankshaft Position Sensor(s) wiring or connections
- Defective Camshaft Position Sensor(s)
- Rough running/misfiring Engine
- Crankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a defective Camshaft Position Sensor
- Crankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a poor connection or chafed wiring
- Crankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a misfiring engine