Answers to previous questions regarding this sensor and failing CO Test on the referenced vehicle proved very helpful. However, for future reference there is only one O2 sensor on this vehicle located in the left exhaust manifold where the right exhaust bank joins (no dual exhausts on this model). Purchased OEM O2 sensor for $67 and installed myself (1 hour job). Vehicle passed retest in the CO and other categories with "flying colors" with very low readings. Also increased gas mileage significantly. Above info just in case anyone else has similar problems.
O2 sensor--1986 Nissan 300 zx on 1990 Nissan 300ZX
Asked by for the 1990 Nissan 300ZX
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan 300ZX Questions
- I was going at a high speed and my transmission shifted out of gear.
- 1986 turbo automatic. The A/T Control Fuse blows when the key is turned on and the car will not start.Any suggestions?
- running fine, radio and inside door courtesy lights suddenly went out, why?
- almost chokes untill reaches running temperature
- My car is missing on 2cylinders with no check engine light.
1990 Nissan 300ZX Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($425 - $731) in Pleasant Plains, IL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($245 - $326) in Clarks Mills, PA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($139 - $175) in Floydada, TX
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($737 - $759) in Perris, CA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($1,245 - $1,260) in Davis Station, SC