Answers to previous questions regarding this sensor and failing CO Test on the referenced vehicle proved very helpful. However, for future reference there is only one O2 sensor on this vehicle located in the left exhaust manifold where the right exhaust bank joins (no dual exhausts on this model). Purchased OEM O2 sensor for $67 and installed myself (1 hour job). Vehicle passed retest in the CO and other categories with "flying colors" with very low readings. Also increased gas mileage significantly. Above info just in case anyone else has similar problems.
O2 sensor--1986 Nissan 300 zx on 1990 Nissan 300ZX
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan 300ZX Questions
- How can I get my 300 up and running again?
- Check engine light comes on intermittently pulled codes, code 51 I think it's injectors, light is on now but runs smooth for a while,
- 1986 turbo automatic. The A/T Control Fuse blows when the key is turned on and the car will not start.Any suggestions?
- 1985 300ZX headlight won't go down till passenger door opens one won't shut off
- running fine, radio and inside door courtesy lights suddenly went out, why?