Really bad during stop and go,slow speeds, etc. Never happens at speeds over 20. Sounds like it is underneath maybe near the rear or middle of the vehicle. Kind of sounds like a deep throated duck honking, or a loud rubbing sound. Hard to describe, but very audible and can sometimes feel the noise. Can go for a few weeks not hearing it and then it returns for a couple days. Seemed really bad this evening in traffic, plus cold temps maybe. Dunno.
Noise during stop and go traffic or at slow speeds only. on 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
- i ran out of gas now it doesn't start.what can I do to get it running again.
- How do you fix water leaks coming in through a closed sunroof and water coming in under-dash, driver's side.
- Yowling noise: They say it's the alternator-would the alternator actually be responsible for such a loud yowling? Do you think they really replaced the power steering pump?
- Sometimes sluggish on take-off, but most of the time it moves fine at all speeds
- I need the "power steering lline-rack to reserve" and "power steering lline-reserve to pump" assemblies replaced. can I find these parts myself?