Really bad during stop and go,slow speeds, etc. Never happens at speeds over 20. Sounds like it is underneath maybe near the rear or middle of the vehicle. Kind of sounds like a deep throated duck honking, or a loud rubbing sound. Hard to describe, but very audible and can sometimes feel the noise. Can go for a few weeks not hearing it and then it returns for a couple days. Seemed really bad this evening in traffic, plus cold temps maybe. Dunno.
Noise during stop and go traffic or at slow speeds only. on 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
Asked by for the 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
- My AC emits a unfamiliar smell, AC drain tube is leaking, and making noises
- If I have a P0705 code on an '07 Toyota Land Cruiser, then is it ok to drive it?
- Toyota Land Cruiser code C1241, C1268
- What would cause the windsheild wipers to not work?
- What is responsible for check engine, Lo and Trac off lights illuminated
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($141 - $257) in Scotts Mills, OR
- Oil Pump Replacement ($2,057 - $2,534) in New Meadows, ID
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($329 - $448) in Fort Polk, LA
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($119 - $139) in Lincoln Park, NJ
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($521 - $1,045) in Kramer, ND
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Madill, OK