The issue began after a clutch was replaced. Both master and slave cylinders have been replaced which did not make the issue any worse. It seems to be more frequent when in gear rather that idling My thoughts are the Synchronizer(s) are going out. I do not hear it in 4th or 5th maybe because of road noise. Thank You.
Noise coming from under gear shifter. Sounds like a hissing or egg sizzling. on 2001 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
2001 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($149 - 186) in Cofield, NC
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($223 - 269) in Odum, GA
- 82,500 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in El Dorado Hills, CA
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($337 - 506) in North Freedom, WI
- Window Switch Replacement ($157 - 170) in West Point, GA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($418 - 465) in Rhinehart, LA