My car apparently has power 'assisted' steering which is 'sensed' by the speed of the car. Works fine on the hwy at 40mph+, but no power steering available at low mph, u-turns, parking, etc.. I'm told that there is a 'valve' (Solenoid Valve?) inside the power steering gear box that is the mostly likely culprit. Fluid level is fine and there are no leaks.
No power to steering, and power steering fluid is not the problem on 2004 Mercedes-Benz E500
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz E500 Questions
- Radio,turn signals,and vacuum pump stopped working is there a fuse or relay
- My Restraint System malfunction warning is on. Can I fix this mysel?
- when i hit a bump it feels as if the body of thecar hits the frame why
- Went I start my car both rear tires won't go up. What need to ne done?
- Have high Beam, Fog light, interior light, but no low beam function...Have had tests run to determine problem...have electricity flow to all headlamps low, high, and fog high and fog work but not low beams?