Hello. Car was driving fine last week until today. Recently got into the car and tried to start and no power when key is turned to "ON" position. And I mean NO power...... no emergency lights, no headlights, no brake lights, no dome lights.... I know FORSURE that it is not the battery because I switched the current battery from my 1996 Honda Civic LX 4 dr into my other car and other car starts perfectly fine and vice versa, except my 1996 honda civic acted the same with the used new battery from my other car (no start). Headlights and brake lights do not work. Instrument icons/lights do not work when turned to "ON" position.. Radio and Dome lights HOWEVER will work during ignition first turn/click position but will shut off when turned to second turn/click "on" position.. Emergency lights do not work in general, when button pressed only the relay is clicking from fuse box.. PLEASE HELP!!!! BATTERY IS GOOD 100% as the battery from the car works in my other car and other car battery does not work in current 1996 honda civic as recently stated... PLEASE HELP!!!! I am thinking its the alternator........... hopefully. I've been researching and have not found anything on this weird situation...THANK YOU!!!!!!
No power to "ON" position.. BATTERY IS GOOD... on 1996 Honda Civic
Asked by for the 1996 Honda Civic
1 answerFebruary 10, 2014
1 answerNovember 01, 2014
1 answerJune 05, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Fair price for 30K Honda maintenance (B2 code on dashboard) in San Diego?
- Noise from right wheel when turning left
- My 1999 Honda civic is overheating and leaking antifreeze?
- my mechanics great, not Honda dealer,car needs alignment kit needed?Price
- My electric power system light on my 2013 honda civic came on what does it mean
1996 Honda Civic Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - $164) in Sidney, NY
- Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement ($311 - $441) in Hempstead, TX
- EGR Valve Replacement ($204 - $267) in Onset, MA
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($131 - $182) in Breesport, NY
- Horn Replacement ($73 - $126) in Fairland, IN
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($34 - $43) in Mount Ephraim, NJ