The heater will only blow cold air, so it actually isn't a heater at all. I'm wondering if the air blend damper actuator may be the problem. When the temp selector knob is turned from cold to hot, or hot to cold, I hear what I think is the sound of the blend damper moving as it should. Do I need to visually confirm its operation? There is good flow through the heater core. Could it be air locked? Is there a piece of the puzzle that I'm missing? Thanks.
no heater on a '97 Taurus on 1997 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 1997 Ford Taurus
1 answerDecember 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
1997 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($342 - $519) in Ferndale, NY
- Head Gasket Replacement ($991 - $1,527) in Fargo, OK
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($214 - $274) in Des Plaines, IL
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($266 - $497) in South Acworth, NH
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Chignik, AK
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($340 - $831) in Osage, WV