inside cabin will not warm up, hear vents opening, blower blowing, motor running, just enough warmth to clear snow/ice from window after 15-20 minutes of running
no heat on 1998 Dodge Durango
ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
February 17, 2011
I would start with replacing your thermostat and coolant. Inspect all of your cooling system hoses and replace if Soft or swelling, hard or brittle. You can remove both heater hoses from the heater core and run water through it with a garden hose to make sure the heater core is not plugged up.
Verified for the Dodge Durango38 reports
1 answerJune 21, 2011
Verified for the Dodge Durango29 reports
1 answerNovember 29, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Durango Questions
- Cmt out or on way out & at Lithia Dodge for other recall problems, part unavail.
- Back door latch locks and can't open with or without key.
- My right blinker shuts off while using without turning. works on and off
- What color is the heating and air fuses in this Durango
- What does service 4wheel mean because now the car barely wants to move
1998 Dodge Durango Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Edinburg, ND
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($862 - 1,049) in Decatur, MS
- 120,000 Mile Service ($478 - 691) in Lynn, AL
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($342 - 486) in Conover, WI
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($64 - 144) in Landers, CA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($424 - 478) in Newell, SD