Nissan Titan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Nissan Titan
- Overheating/Lack of Ventilation May Cause Rear Axle Seals to Leak
- Catalytic Converter Damage Due to Weak or Failing Fuel Pump
- Corrosion due to water in connector between engine and wiring harness
- Failing navigation unit may display disc error on screen
- Fuel pump failure after long period of driving 200 plus miles
- 2004 Titan, have replaced fuel pump twice with aftermarket parts. Won't start
- "BRAKE, SLIP, and VDC OFF" are all lit up and won't turn off, why?
- The ac and heat both work, but the fan only blows, wide open or full blast.
- What is the tapping noise coming from under my dash board?
- short curcuit on instrument panel when i hit a bump everything goes off
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
Nissan Titan Problems
Overheating and/or lack of proper venting can cause the rear axle seals to leak. Excessive fluid loss can result in major damage to the rear differential assembly and/or axle bearings.
A weak or failing fuel pump can cause power loss due to lower fuel pressure and lean mixture conditions. This rarely causes a Check Engine Light to illuminate and should be repaired to avoid catalytic converter damage.
Nissan Titan Questions
There is a tapping noise coming from under my dash board that seems to start when ever I crank up. It last for a while then stops. If I turn on anything while driving it starts again. Also does it when I turn the vehicle off. Seems to be something electrical.
for diagnostic check.Is there another repair alternative to the dealer? I tried Pep Boy and a Toyota dealer. Both said that they do not have the diagnostic equipment.
I have also considered an aftermarket camera. Ideas?
Nissan Titan Recalls
The tire information label may not contain the rim (wheel) size information. This could lead to an incorrect tire/wheel combination being installed on the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Nissan will supply owners with a new label and installation instructions. Owners who wish to do so may bring their vehicle to a Nissan dealer who will install the label for them.
The vehicle seating capacity may be incorrect on the tire information label on certain vehicles equipped with the sports appearance package. This could lead to vehicle overloading, increasing the risk of a crash. Nissan will supply owners with a new label and installation instructions. The owner has the option of taking their vehicle to a Nissan dealer to have the label installed.
Nissan is recalling certain 2004 - 2010 Titan, Armada, & QX56 vehicles. Also included are 2005 - 2010 Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder vehicles for faulty front and/or rear suspension lower control arms. The problem is the control arm's attaching point to the vehicle's chassis. During the manufacturing process, some control arms may contain welds that do not meet Nissan's strength specs, and if they break, it may result in loss of vehicle control, and a possible crash.
Nissan Titan Reviews
My '06 has 26,000 mi. on it. The muffler is good but the flanges on the muffler/tail pipe rusted right off. Told I need to replace both sections and possibly the whole exhaust system because flanges on cat. converters will probably crumble when trying to disconnect also. Paid 26k, still making payments, and the warranty only covers muffler and converters. problem there is can't just replace fla...
I have a 06 Titan bought brand new 54,000 miles to date. Here is my review. Love the look(I added a lot of chrome on a black truck) The brakes are holding up well I haul a 28ft camper she pulls and stops beautifully and handles the extra weight easily. That's the good. Now for the not so good. The heater takes awhile to heat up. Have had other trucks and they seem to heat up much quicker,needl...
visitor from Baltimore 10/12/2011 this is a update on my muffler flange.The flange on the back of my muffler that connect the tail pipe to the muffler rusted out. The Dealer wanted to replace the muffler and tail pipe The warranty only cover these parts for 36,000 miles.I took my truck to a muffler shop and they fixed it for $60.00 I hope this helps.