Reviews for Nissan Sentra years:

Nissan Sentra Reviews and Owner Comments

Nissan SentraOwner Reviews (56 reviews)
    Visitor, Woodland Hills, CA, September 25, 2014 12:55
    Last of the old body. I paid 18,300 out the door for this SR. Pleasantly surprised how nice it drives, great gas mileage and still on original brakes. Love the way it shifts, smooth and I never feel any jerking motion. Best car for the money. Ugly rear end but I got used to it.
  • 2011 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Trumansburg, NY, September 22, 2014 06:00
    I bought my 2011 Nissan Sentra back in April 2011. I loved it when I first got it. Very quiet ride, can't feel the shifting of gears. But, at 23,000 I had to replace one strut. I don't drive crazy or aim for pot holes. I also had to replace the adjustable arm (suspension issue). all of this before 25,000 miles. It also makes a clunking noise when turning right and left. I took it in to the dealer and they say its nothing. They claim i need to put a rubber cover over the spring in the suspension to get rid of the noise. UH HA sure, for $200 and not covered by warranty at all. I had to replace the A/C and the Compressor Clutch at 52,000 miles. I don't use the A/C much. I replaced the brakes at 50,000 ( thats expected). Now I have a "rotten gasket" in my tail pipe at 56,000 miles. They want to replace the whole exhause from the Cat. coverter. time for a patch job, since it not covered under (extended warranty). So far I'm not impressed. Its becoming a money pit. Most of the things were covered under warranty ($100 deductible each time), but that is beside the point. These things shouldn't be breaking. I think I'm going back to Toyota. I never had these problems when I owned my Toyota.
  • 1996 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Story City, IA, March 22, 2014 12:14
    My car is 1996 1.6 nissan sentra with a GA16 engine. there is a noise at the entrance of the left CV joint to the gear box. (inner CV). They say I must replace the bearing/pilot bush on the mouth of the gear box where the CV sits/turns. What can I do to replace this bearing?
    Visitor, Queen Creek, AZ, March 18, 2014 01:29
    I am writing this review because I want other people to AVOID THIS CAR AT ALL COSTS. This is the worst vehicle I have purchased and I am stuck with it because I cant trade the damn thing in due to the drop in value. I owned a 2010 Honda Civic and it kicked Nissan's fanny!!! Sadly I was hit and my Honda was totaled but I survived. So back to this rolling money pit. It has 65000 miles on it, I bought it in 2011 its now 2014. When I start the car it revs up and hangs out at 2.5 RMPs until I put it in to gear, there is a light that says lose fuel cap. It has had a knocking noise in the steering column when I turn the wheel left or right. There is a loud THUNK noise when the damn thing starts rolling and the breaks make a terrible swish/swish/swish noise when I go to stop. I cant keep up with the repairs on it. I also think the transmission is getting ready to go as well. Its a lemon!! I took it to the dealer and they just tell you nothing is wrong these are phantom issues and then since your warranty is only 30,000 miles it will run out and Nissan runs off with your cash. SCREW this car company I will never purchase another one.
    Visitor, Ponchatoula, LA, September 17, 2013 17:53
    The CV tranny was making a noise and found out that Nissan had extended the warranty to 120000, mine was at 98320, due to problems. Brought my 07 Sentra to the dealer and sure enough the tranny was bad. It was replaced free of charge, but if it wan not covered it would have cost in excess of $2800.00. Now I'm having an intermittent stalling problem. Owned the vehicle since say one in 07
    Visitor, Garnet Valley, PA, July 30, 2013 03:30
    I have Nissan sentra 2003 model and its like i have to visit the garage every week end because of under carrier problem. But the most is the Car always cut off when i'm in a traffic but it will start once i start it. i don't know why it was move and cutoff, start move and cutoff till i leave the traffic. It doesn't cutoff on a freeway. I would really appreciate anyone help or advice
  • 2000 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, April 30, 2013 20:05
    Just the other day I had my 2000 sentra scoped and found I a new cooling fan.This was on a Saturday 4/27/13.The shop told me I couk\ld still drive the car but,not to excide 36 mph.But on Monday night 4/29/13 my ca did overheat and the top of the radiator which is plastic cracked completely across the top,How I need anew radiator and the fan?
    Visitor, Anchorage, AK, December 30, 2012 09:47
    95K 2003 GXE: Purchased in 2004 with 11 miles. CD Player stopped working after the first year. The exhaust pipe fell down and needed to be reattached (simple issue). No major issues until 2012. Replaced the Head Gasket, water pump, radiator, radiator hoses, serpentine belt, thermostat, and normal maintenance items within the last three months. Now the transmission is slipping. Great car until it dies. I wouldn't invest major work into this vehicle. Lesson learned.
    Visitor, Clarksville, TN, November 30, 2012 07:06
    I have a 2010 Nissan Sentra SR and I really like the vehicle. The car is a winner as a gas miser in my opinion with 25 mpg city/ 34 mpg highway. I average about 30 miles per gallon. I really like the fact that the car comes with most features standard. The voice controlled bluetooth phone link is one of the prized options that helps to keep me safe when receiving or making calls on the road. This car does everything well as a daily commuter and it has a little better than expected power on the highway. The Continuously Variable Transmission is smooth and it also helps to save on fuel. I also like the Intelligent Key System that gives me more peace-of-mind and less stress while entering, operating, and exiting the vehicle. The low positioned fog lamps provide increased road illumination for night driving, and the traction control option is a necessity when anticipating driving in slick road conditions. The interior space is also comfortable, because I do not feel cramped in my 67 inch 180 pound frame during my fifty-mile one way commutes. The five star safety rating was also a factor in helping me to decide on buying this vehicle. This car was an overall wise choice for me ( among comparable vehicles in it's class ), because it does what I purchased it to do reasonably well as a value-conscious consumer and driver.
  • 1991 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Imler, PA, October 30, 2012 22:15
    I have a 1991 nissan sentra ser 2.0 and it has been a great car! Purchased it new. It is red the paint is faded. I seen that someone said they had fuel injectors replaced on their nissan. Well let me tell you something. I had a fuel injector acting up and took it to a repair center in virgina and the guy said it needed replaced so i got it done. About 3 months later i had the same problem again i was going to take it back in and then it went away all by it's self!!! Here what was happening was dirt was getting in the injectors. This second time the speck of dirt worked it's way through the injector on it's own. I never had to do anything to it and that has been 4 years ogo! They really didn't need replaced just cleaned. So the point here is some people blame the car when it may be the mechanic they are taking it to? Look on youtube and you will see many videos on this! 20/20 48 hours dateline nbc all have shows on this. From your washing machine or fridge to your car it happens all the time!!! I am just saying beware it may not be your car that is to blame all the time. Yes your car may have some problems all cars do but it may be a $30.00 problem but you may end up paying $300.00 I hope this helps someone. Just Beware!
    2012, Canal Winchester, OH, September 08, 2012 16:35
    My daughter bought a 2011 nissan sentra with 1700 miles on it march 2012 .. since purchased has had to take in monthly for issues .. battery cables ?? had difficulty starting , brakes had to be replaces 2 times, drifting to left . which has been in 3 times .. still does it, radio .. and one other problem can't remember but had to do with starting and stopping .. very upset and frustrated ..
    Visitor, Pocatello, ID, August 13, 2012 21:25
    bought a brand new sentra 2.0 a month ago with the automatic transmission and so far i have no complaints yet. drives and steers very smoothly. engine and transmission very quiet and low road noise
    Visitor, Botkins, OH, May 08, 2012 08:42
    bought my 2006 sentra with 40K on it and have run it up to 215K. I love this car. It has always been reliable and has averaged 38 mpg over its life with me. I do alot of highway driving and it's never let me down. The only repair I've made other than routine oil changes was bearings in two wheels. front left and back left bearings were failing and needed replaced. I attribute that to some of my driving habits. lol
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, May 07, 2012 08:41
    I have a 2007 Sentra, anybody have issues with Back end out of alignment
    Visitor, Sutton, MA, March 25, 2012 07:47
    I own a brand new (Oct 2011) 2012 Sentra SR and feel that there is something wrong with the steering. It will wander to the left on straight roads. In fact, it can change lanes all by itself on the highway if I do not have a firm grip on the wheel! (My 21 year old daughter brought this to my attention when I let her drive it for the first time: "Mom, the car pulls to the left.") I returned it to the dealer's service dept and their asst manager gave me a lengthy speech about how this car's rack and pinion steering will conform to the "crown in the road." Neither my husband nor I have ever experienced this phenomenon with rack and pinion vehicles we have owned. The man took it for a test drive with me and he kept deliberately jerking the steering wheel to the right. He agreed to check the front end alignment and found it needed adjustment. It seemed better for a month but problem has since recurred. I am having buyer's remorse!
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, March 01, 2012 11:17
    I have a 2006 nissan sentra I gave it too my neice it has 53k on it, I had to put a converter on it also struts other than that its a nice car.
  • 2011 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Sanford, FL, January 06, 2012 07:17
    Had to get my new 2011 nissan sentra towed to the dealership because it would not start. They called me the next day and said the ECU was bad. How does the ECU go bad in a car that is only a ear old? That doesn't make any sense. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone can tell me exactly how an ECU can go bad in such a new car. Thanks.
    Visitor, Marietta, OH, November 26, 2011 23:31
    Very few problems that cannot be explained by normal wear and tear. Although I am at a loss with a problem with a squeak in the front end while driving. I've found that my bottom rear engine mount was split in two and had that replaced but the problem persists. If anything it has worsened which leads me to believe its suspension related but the dealer tells me everything checks out. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?
    dpdewey, Orlando, FL, October 18, 2011 15:17
    2002 Nissan Sentra GXE guage on dashboard shows engine running hot, it'll then go back to normal, then hot, a continous cycle. I have changed the thermastat but the problem still exists. What am I missing or what do I need to do? I have not noticed any visible signs of coolant leakage as well.
    Visitor, Chester, VT, October 16, 2011 02:53
    just bought this 2002 ser from the dealer, engine knocks on acceleration. dealer knows , wants to see the car, but i refuse to be dupped again. the warrantee is currant but the agency does not cover the existing problem.
  • 1999 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Cadiz, KY, September 10, 2011 18:55
    I bought my 1999 Nissan Sentra in June of 99 with 15 miles on the odometer. My car today has 291,300 miles on it today. It has survived 3 teenagers, Many trips for band competitions, cheer competitions and volleyball games. My car is still going strong.
    Visitor, Roanoke, VA, July 06, 2011 09:54
    This car has refused to start three times. Have had a clutch sensor replaced twice and just yesterday, it wouldn't start. Had to pop the clutch to get it to run so I could get home. Has anyone else had this trouble?
  • 1995 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Venice, FL, May 23, 2011 19:45
    I have the 95 Nissan Sentra,Got it when my dad passed as of May 2011 it has only 66,000 miles on it hope it goes for another 66,000..
    dalapus11, Holtsville, NY, May 23, 2011 01:39
    review on the suspension
  • 1997 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Hudson, FL, April 21, 2011 19:25
    bought this car in 2001 and it still runs like a top..iy has a great A c .
    lfootpc1, Olathe, KS, March 20, 2011 18:02
    Great car so far, only 12600 miles. Love the heated seats.
    Visitor, Brookville, IN, March 17, 2011 09:45
    I have a Black 1994 Nissan sentra Limited edition. I have had it for about 3 years now. I have had some problems with it and still do. It has trouble starting, When i drive it it is ok, but when i slow down it idles up and down a lot and stalls a lot. I don't know a whole lot about cars. I am hoping for some ideas on what it could be. one more thing..my dash lights don't work.
    Visitor, Mount Vernon, OH, February 22, 2011 14:02
    Interior scrathes easly,rugs are cheap "don't last long",Brakes work great,CVT transmission takes time to get use too and is slugish when tempature is below 10 degrees F,Electrical and lights work fine except for turn signal sticks when temp is below 10 degrees F,Engine has a slight ticking noise,Exhaust smells like rotten eggs/sulfur,Heating and air conditioning is excellent,Suspension should have a smoother ride,
    rocco42, Hawthorne, NJ, November 27, 2010 10:27
    Car is very nice and runs well. Transmission allows the car to be very peppy
  • 2009 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Lees Summit, MO, November 27, 2010 10:26
    The catalytic converter fails all the time and destroys the engine. The first one the warranty fixed, cost $6000, the second one they do not want to fix with warranty and want to charge me $7000
    Visitor, Wichita Falls, TX, November 27, 2010 10:26
    We purchased this car new and we have regretted it ever since. The engine had to be replaced at 25,000 miles and the rear tires wear out abnormally...we have put four sets on it and we have just 60,000 miles! I would never recommend this car or buy another Nissan again. I did let Nissan know...of course we never heard anything back.
    SB Automotive, Downey, CA, November 17, 2010 08:19
     Technician
    19994 SENTRA SE-R HAS OVER 350K MILES AND IT STILL RUNS WELL. OLD AGE HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL NOW, BUT THIS CAR LASTED 15 YEARS WITH NO MAJOR PROBLEMS!
    Visitor, Houston, TX, November 17, 2010 08:18
    my car broke down and engine is kinda tricky
    Visitor, Houston, TX, November 17, 2010 08:18
    awesome car i dont like nissans but i love my sentra
    Visitor, Sierra Vista, AZ, November 16, 2010 14:53
    232,553 miles YAY!!
  • 1991 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Waldorf, MD, November 03, 2010 08:27
    Brought my 91 Nissan Sentra new and traveled with it throughout the United States and during my years in the military it was shipped to a couple of overseas bases. With a little over 130K, this is truly a great car ( and considered a family member). Most costly expenses were the fuel injectors and the muffler (at least three times) besides that the regular scheduled fluid changes were all this baby needs to run. I will surely miss this car and dread the thought of it sitting in a junk yard.
    Visitor, Salt Lake City, UT, November 02, 2010 13:22
    I've had this car for about three years now (bought it used at one year old) and the only mechanical problem I've had is that currently the "service engine soon" light is on, and it looks like it's a minor problem with the evaporative system, or some such. Only other complaint is that some of the plastic fixtures on the interior are not the highest quality (i.e. they stick or in one case break). I'm very happy with the vehicle overall, and I get excellent gas milage.
  • 1998 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Aurora, CO, October 02, 2010 19:05
    171.000.00 miles
    Visitor, Yukon, OK, September 27, 2010 12:57
    Only problem has been with the CEL coming on even after the codes were cleared. I did change the charcoal canister so maybe there is something incorrectly attached. No problems with the car and tires still look new at 36k
  • 1997 Nissan Sentra
    yaofuzhang, Blacksburg, VA, September 02, 2010 17:16
    I bought this car at 130000 in 2007 and now it has almost 150000. Except for the tires, this car runs smoothly. The only reason that I want to change it is it looks pretty old now.
  • 1998 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Ash Grove, MO, August 26, 2010 07:36
    I purchased this car new back in 1999. it comes with a stock twin cam 1.6Liter engine which was fuel injected. just follow maintenance schedule and some minor repairs due to age. over-all experience is reliable and great car. now my engine is 185,962 kms. I replaced it with a SR20DE engine from a nissan 200sx because the engine needs some fixing. I wanted more power just to have fun with it. but the old engine is still reliable. I bolted on a SR20DE engine on my sentra, get some turbo kits from hobby shop,pipings, a huge turbine and a big front mount intercooler. the set up is just basic, having the engine ported and polished, grabbed a reliable compatible ECU, installed big intakes, big headers and exhaust. after that the car was a monster. I guarantee you. blast off.... great car. a car for JDM enthusiasts. but taken for granted always. its instant 220-230hp. 14.8 1/4 mile time. with high traction tires in dry well paved road and 20 degrees C temperature. not bad. planning to get a new Neo VVL head to push the HP a bit... this is a tip for nissan lovers
  • 1995 Nissan Sentra
    vdalal, Glen Burnie, MD, July 21, 2010 09:25
    I bought this black stallion back on July 4, 1995 and have put 240,000 miles on it in 15 years of blissful driving. I have had three Nissans on my name (two B210 Datsuns) and I am thoroughly sold on this make. My current workhorse has been very good to me and has served me very well. But don't get me wrong, I have equally taken care of my old baby by regularly changing oil, buying new tires, chaning batteries, struts, and even the transmission ($1,200). All in all the regular maintenance has proved to be enough for it to take me to my work and nearby places safely and with 37 miles/gallon gas mileage who wants to give this car away. The only thing about Nissans is their body work gets rusted very soon. The hood edges, the side panels have got rust on them and they are chipping away, but hey I will drive it until it completely fall apart on me. Then, I will sell its parts and keep some of it as a momento. I bought the car with only 36 miles on it and so there is something to be said for being loyal to each other. I know I am in love with my black beauty, even though the shine is wearing off.
    Visitor, Elizabeth, NJ, June 23, 2010 12:43
    The interior can use a bit more leg room. I have had to replace the struts twice in 7 years, but I guess that has a lot to do with the terrain you drive on. I love this car and will drive it until the cows come home.
  • 2001 Nissan Sentra
    Visitor, Wakefield, RI, May 28, 2010 13:03
    Once a piece of this car breaks in the engine it causes a cascade of broken parts, so make sure to get it fixed right away. Often have to buy parts right from dealer, and they're expensive!!
    Visitor, Concord, CA, May 13, 2010 13:27
    I have a 1992 nissan sentra se-r runs great great motor and very fast little car
    Tenorio, Clover, SC, March 28, 2010 15:37
    I LOVE my car. I have had this car for 7 years and it has never given me a problem. Yes, I do the maintenance regularly like oil, filter and fluid changes which protect the internal parts. I also have taken my car directly to the dealership for service (except for oil changes which are cheaper elsewhere). The funny part is that my dealer's service dept is always cheaper by a good bit than the pricing on these sites. I just had my steering ball joints replaced. Repairpal estimate = $300 lowest price without an alignment. My dealer cost was $253 total including the alignment and both joints, parts and labor and taxes. I Love this dealer. They are doing it right!
  • 2001 Nissan Sentra
    nissanbuyer, Albuquerque, NM, November 02, 2009 08:59
    Bought this car with 8,000 miles on it. I have done all the regular maintenance (oil changes etc.). Now it has 160,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Most dependable car I have ever owned. Only negative has been that silver paint recently began to badly oxidize.
  • 1993 Nissan Sentra
    pacdltpa, Tampa, FL, August 28, 2009 21:38
    had to have one fuel injector replaced because one cylinder was not getting gas according to my shop. Is that normal.? Car has 160,000 miles on it.
  • 2000 Nissan Sentra
    Student, Greeneville, TN, April 17, 2009 08:40
    This car was a perfect fit, when new. It now has 113,000 miles on it. Repairs have been: Cracked fuel pump, possibly from hitting a big pot hole hard. Has had trouble with the gauges completely going out while driving, and staying off for a while, then coming back on. This has happened nearly since new, but the dealer said it had to completely quit working before they would replace it. The steering creaks and pops when turning slow. The Dealer said it isn't a safety issue so I haven't had it fixed. Recently, I've had a lot of trouble with it dying at red lights or in drive through lines. It starts back with no problem. The Dealer repairman said the diagnostic test indicated it is running rich. He had me use a $20 cleaning fluid in the gas, that is suppose to eat off any deposits. If that doesn't work, he wants to clean the fuel injection. If that still does not fix the problem, he said it may need a Mass Air Flow Sensor, which would cost $400-$500 to repair. I have always loved my car. I hope I'm not entering the repair one thing after another zone. I'm the type that as long as it gets me there and back I'm happy. Overall run ability of the car has been great until now, not bad for 113,000 miles.
    gus_1, Hampton, VA, April 09, 2009 18:01
    THIS AGREAT CAR I'M ONLY THE SECOND OWNER AND MOST OF THE WORK ON THIS CAR I DID MYSELF I'M TRULY SATISFIED WITH THIS CAR
    Futurereality, Silver Spring, MD, March 13, 2009 11:03
    Just bought this car about two weeks ago and is running just fine. Exterior of the car is awesome. The look of the car reminds me of a baby altima or maxima. Steering quality is pretty good though it feels rather heavy or stiff so you might have to get used to that. Also the ride quality is excellent where road noise is kept to a minimum and large bumps feel nonexistent.The interior is decent. Even though it has lots of room, most of the interior is made of cheap plastic that scratches really easiliy so beware. Another problem is that the A pillars are really thick so they obscure your vision quite a bit. This issue escalates when your trying to make left turns and you can't see. Also the tire pressure monitor doesn't turn off so I think its a defect. Otherwise its a great car.:)
    cathleen4God, Fort Worth, TX, December 21, 2008 09:01
    great!
    Omar_1, Los Angeles, CA, November 12, 2008 13:46
    The only problem I had with this car was the alternator. Breaks are lousy
    robv23, Lawrence, MA, October 12, 2008 08:22
    love this car i get about 27mpg city and 34hwy good accelaration and stopping distance tends to fishtail a little in the snow,but still a very good car.
  • 2004 Nissan Sentra
    Mark Moreno, Hicksville, NY, September 04, 2008 14:50
    I bought the SPEC SE-R And I've got to say, I like the car alot. Wished it did a little better on gas mileage. Also I was it had a 40/60 slit to gain access to the trunk. The car has gotten me into a little bit of trouble with the law. The car just wants to go. I got to let do what it wants to do sometimes. Other than that, so far so good. Had the car for about 2 months and already had to replace the wheel bearing. Not good. The brakes are pretty responsive. Trying to shift into 5th gear sometimes is tricky. If your calm and collective shifting is easy but when you want to get on it, shifting again is tricky.
  • 1999 Nissan Sentra