Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Nissan Sentra
- Nissian Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensor Recall
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Failed Mass Air Flow Sensor May Cause Driveability Issues
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
Nissan Sentra Questions
i was told to purchase a new gas tank
My car is Nissan Sentra 2013. the Mechanic offered that this will extend the life of Braking Pad and Rotor.
When I check the spark plug it is wet with gas.
Nissan Sentra Recalls
The airbag system uses a sensor in the front passenger seat to detect if the seat is occupied by an adult. The affected vehicles are being recalled because this sensor, part of the occupant classification system (OCS), may incorrectly identify the passenger seat as empty when it is actually occupied by an adult. When the passenger seat is determined to be empty, the passenger airbag is disabled. Failure of the passenger airbag to properly deploy when necessary would increase the risk of injury to someone seated in the passenger seat in the event of an accident. Dealers will update the OCS software to correct this concern.
During the manufacturing process, some fuel tank assemblies were not sealed correctly. As a result, a small amount of fuel can leak when the tank is full. Fuel leaks increases the risk of a fire so Nissan dealers will replace the affected fuel tanks to correct this concern.
Certain engines were assembled with a zinc coating applied to a terminal stud bolt that is thicker than specification. This can result in a poor electrical connection that may cause stalling, difficulty starting, and damage to the engine control module. If the engine were to stall while driving, the likelihood of a crash would increase. Dealers will replace the positive battery terminal and cover to correct this concern.
Nissan Sentra Reviews
I have a Black 1994 Nissan sentra Limited edition. I have had it for about 3 years now. I have had some problems with it and still do. It has trouble starting, When i drive it it is ok, but when i slow down it idles up and down a lot and stalls a lot. I don't know a whole lot about cars. I am hoping for some ideas on what it could be. one more thing..my dash lights don't work.
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE guage on dashboard shows engine running hot, it'll then go back to normal, then hot, a continous cycle. I have changed the thermastat but the problem still exists. What am I missing or what do I need to do? I have not noticed any visible signs of coolant leakage as well.
Had to get my new 2011 nissan sentra towed to the dealership because it would not start. They called me the next day and said the ECU was bad. How does the ECU go bad in a car that is only a ear old? That doesn't make any sense. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone can tell me exactly how an ECU can go bad in such a new car. Thanks.