Nissan Cube Reviews

Nissan Cube Reviews and Owner Comments

Starting my fourth year with the Cube. Excellent vehicle for stop/go errand-type driving. Getting better mileage than estimated. I like the gear ratio, and it's really responsive getting up to speed until about 45 mph, by which time you are shifting into fifth and then it's adequate but uninspired. Very roomy interior. Parks easily, turns on a dime, fun to drive. No service calls yet! The down sides: Low profile tires are really poor on snow or slippery road conditions, more noticeable since I traded my jeep in for it. Cheaper, thin cloth upholstery than any other car I've ever had, although the seats are quite comfortable. The sun visors aren't as effective as I'd like, due to the angle of the windshield. The hatch has no lighting when the door is opened (it's dark back there) and there are no 'night' lights low in the cabin. Everything below waist level is an endless black pit at night. I get 'road roar' on certain sections of interstate, even though I can go the equivalent speed on state and township roads quietly. This would be irritating if I had to commute. But, it's been very dependable, no bugs to iron out,and the body is holding up nicely.
Went over 7,ooo miles around America in the summer of 2011, The Cube was flawless and returned 34.7 mpg avg. for entire trip. Loads of room and I'm 6'4"