Nissan Altima Hybrid Reviews

Nissan Altima Hybrid Reviews and Owner Comments

Just received an estimate for engine repair on my 2007 hybrid with 76,000 miles on it. Apparently I need a rebuild due to carbon build up in the engine. $3500.00 plus tax, of course. I wish I knew about this potential complication before I bought the car. So much for gas savings. How about Nissan stepping up and helping out it's hybrid owners, since I am told this is a problem specific to the hybrid model? Hope they are working on a fix.
160,000 miles on it now no repairs other than headlight bulbs tires and a regular 12 v battery. i just replaced the ignition coil and finally the brakes now need replacement what a car !
I picked my 07 Hybrid up in 2009 with 24k miles on it. Now just over 90k, I have had no mechanical issues with the car at all! Stock tires sucked but replacing them with good tires meant losing a bit of mileage but still regularly over 32mpg when driving mostly fwy in a spirited fashion, I cannot complain at all. Sure some cars are better now, but mine is paid for and I still really enjoy the drive. Looking forward to another 90k miles at least!
Initially the car was wonderful! After 30K we had to have the carbon build-up cleaned from the engine-thankfully it was covered under warranty. It is approaching 60K and it looks like it needs to be done again except now it will cost us $3500!! Otherwise the car handles well, great gas mileage!
This car is a great find! We average 38 mpg's and the car handles like a dream! My largest issue with the car is the trunk size. The hybrid batteries cut down the trunk to a minimal size. So you just have to pack light. The rear seat is wide enough for two child seats and an adult to sit comfortably - which is more than most people can say about any car! And the drive train is smooth as it transitions between the electronic motor mode and the gas operated engine. Great car. Awesome gas mileage! and you dont have to suffer comfort for having a GAS SAVER!!! thank you nissan!