Nissan Altima Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Nissan Altima Hybrid
- Front Struts May Wear Prematurely and Cause Knocking Noise
- Low Pressure AC Hose May Leak at Crimped Connection
- Right Side Engine Mount May Wear and Cause Excessive Movement
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Loose Screws Inside Intake Manifold Can Cause Internal Damage if They Fall Out
- I have an issue with engine light coming on and mechanic says its the oO2 sensor
- Why does my car eat fuel so much it used to get really good gas mileage
- The hybrid warning light came on, what does that mean?
- Do you have to use a special freon and guages/hose due to it being a hybrid
- The dealer told me my ignition lock assembly needs replacement.
Nissan Altima Hybrid Problems
The front struts can wear prematurely and develop a knocking noise when driving over bumps.
The AC system may blow warm air due to refrigerant loss caused by a leaking low pressure AC hose. These hoses commonly develop a leak at the hose crimp connection.
The engine mount on the right side can wear prematurely and cause excessive engine movement.
Nissan Altima Hybrid Questions
Is this a major issue that needs to be repaired right away? Can it do harm? What are the effects on the vehicle?
When I fill up i reset my tripomoter to calculate how many miles I can go until I need to fill up again so I used to get approximately 150 miles to the first quarter tank and now it just reaches about 90-100 miles to the first quarter tank. So if anyone knows what is wrong can you please write ba...
I was driving along and it came on, it felt like I was losing power going uphill. It sputtered.
Nissan Altima Hybrid Recalls
This recall affects certain vehicles equipped Occupant Classification System (OCS) control units manufactured by Continental Automotive Systems. A varistor in the OCS control unit may have been manufactured out of specification. Under certain conditions, this could interupt the signal between the OCS and the air bag control unit (ACU), causing the passenger air bag to be suppressed in an accident. If the air bag does not deploy when needed in a crash, the risk of injury is increased. Dealers will test the signal between the OCS and ACU with a special tool to verify proper function. The seat cushion containing the OCS hardware will be replaced as necessary. The recall began November 4, 2008.
Nissan Altima Hybrid Reviews
Initially the car was wonderful! After 30K we had to have the carbon build-up cleaned from the engine-thankfully it was covered under warranty. It is approaching 60K and it looks like it needs to be done again except now it will cost us $3500!! Otherwise the car handles well, great gas mileage!
Just received an estimate for engine repair on my 2007 hybrid with 76,000 miles on it. Apparently I need a rebuild due to carbon build up in the engine. $3500.00 plus tax, of course. I wish I knew about this potential complication before I bought the car. So much for gas savings. How about Nissan stepping up and helping out it's hybrid owners, since I am told this is a problem specific to ...
160,000 miles on it now no repairs other than headlight bulbs tires and a regular 12 v battery. i just replaced the ignition coil and finally the brakes now need replacement what a car !