Nissan 350Z Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Nissan 350Z
- Why does my car crank but must warm completely up before driving?
- Car won't start..only with starter fluid?? I checked the fuel pump and does
- What is the cost of replacing rack and pinion?
- air condition fan is noisy when turned on
- There is some dirt on the interior portion of the passenger headlight. How can
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Nissan 350Z Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
A faulty fuel damper can produce a ticking noise, which can be heard inside the cabin when the engine is idling. Replacement of the failed dampener should correct this problem.
This engine may burn engine oil faster than similar models. Frequent oil checks are important.
Nissan 350Z Questions
changed them twice and they still fail please help
Car will loose power and die when belt starts screaming park its dead radiator fluid is every where have to jump every time to start as is
Nissan 350Z Recalls
This recall affects certain vehicles equipped Occupant Classification System (OCS) control units manufactured by Continental Automotive Systems. A varistor in the OCS control unit may have been manufactured out of specification. Under certain conditions, this could interupt the signal between the OCS and the air bag control unit (ACU), causing the passenger air bag to be suppressed in an accident. If the air bag does not deploy when needed in a crash, the risk of injury is increased. Dealers will test the signal between the OCS and ACU with a special tool to verify proper function. The seat cushion containing the OCS hardware will be replaced as necessary. The recall began November 4, 2008.
The fuel filler hose may crack and result in fuel leaking while filling the gas tank. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can cause a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel filler hose. The recall began on March 13, 2006. The Infiniti recall number is R0508 and the Nissan recall number is R0505.
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
Nissan 350Z Reviews
I purchased my 350Z brand new as soon as it was announced by Nissan in 2003. I had a 6 month wait to get my Daytona Blue Z, and it was the longest 6 months of my life. I keep it in the garage, and I coat it with Zaino several times each year, so it still looks like it did in the showroom. This baby still gets stares when I drive it.
covertable top will not open
I have owned this car since 2003, I bought it new and I'm going on 6 years now. It has been a great car, except both window motors went out which isn't cheap as well as the wiring in the drivers' seat. Brakes tend to wear out fast, probably cause the speed of the car itself :)