Nissan 300ZX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Nissan 300ZX
- Why does it take so long to start & won't stay started unless it's accelerated?
- car idles at 1500 rpm , should be at 1000 , what could be cause ?
- ac is on no cool air just warm/hot air - need freon?
- Vibration center console so bad that the car can't be driven over 25 miles
- I reset the ecu and the engine turns over but its not getting a spark..?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
Nissan 300ZX Problems
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
If the car is emitting blue smoke from the tail pipe, from burned oil, be sure both PCV valves are functioning properly prior to replacing the turbocharger.
Nissan 300ZX Questions
Car starts after 3 or more extended cranks, runs ruff at low speeds levels off in high speeds, will not idle & shuts off once the RPM winds down to 1500 unless I manipulate the accelerator .
Replaced center support bearing. Everything else looks good.
Nissan 300ZX Reviews
This car is fast, fun, and hot!
a very reliable, safe sports car. average consumption 18 hwy, 17 city
I have a 1992 300zx TT , awsome car , great power , only thing to remember is , when running your turbo HARD , I mean Fast , before turning it off for the day, or anytime , let the car idle for at least 3-5 mins , so that the turbos can cool down and regen itself before shutting down.....great cars, I've waxed STi's , all kinds of sportscar, this is one Z that's hard to spank !!!!!! Chamorro Ac...