2011 Nissan Altima Problem Reports

Newest 2011 Nissan Altima Problem Reports

The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.

Welds on the catalytic converter heat shield can corrode causing a rattle during acceleration and possibly causing Check Engine Light illumination. The common repair for this issue is replacement of the damaged catalytic converter.

I bought car used 6 weeks ago. After heavy rains I came out and found standing water on the drivers floor mat( I have the hard duratech mats) Water was dripping from the dash and A pillar. The headliner was soaked at the top of the A pillar. I recognized it as a sunroof leak. I researched online and found numerous complaints with dealer denials of an issue. I also found the following helpful advice.
The sunroof drain is a clear plast...

Gas cap waring light comes on abot 100 miles after putting gas in the car. This then turns on the check engine light. Been to the dealer each time, one answer the gas cap was loose and it will reset in about a week, the second time the cap has to be put in an exact way to prevent the problem. I do know how to put a gas cap on and feel there may more to this problem.

The AC system may blow warm air due to refrigerant loss caused by a leaking low pressure AC hose. These hoses commonly develop a leak at the hose crimp connection.

The catalytic converter closest to the cylinder head can fail causing illumination of the Check Engine Light. Prompt repair of this problem is recommended because the catalyst material can be sucked into the engine and cause internal damage.