My son needed the head gasket replaced on his Nissan and the cost was estimated at $1200 until the mechanic got inside and discovered he needed a valve job. This cost another $550. Is this possible. We trying to come up with the money, for we believed we didn't have a choice.
New Head Gasket Needed - Cost is $1800. Does this sound possible? on 2000 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
- To replace the timing chain on a 1999 Nissan Altima and it sound like it want to
- wipers on all the time
- Speeds up slows down on its own continuely after you start an give it alittle
2000 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 108) in Ulster, PA
- Wiper Motor Replacement ($262 - 308) in Orlando, KY
- Heater Core Replacement ($657 - 799) in Edwards, NY
- Oil Pump Replacement ($1,182 - 1,556) in Petty, TX
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($501 - 625) in Spring Valley, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($440 - 498) in Enders, NE