hi today i went to the bank and there was a long line ahead of me and no cars were moving at the time so i put my car in neurtrial.And soon as i did that my car began to go in reverse.later i found out that my car was on a slope.the street was not flat it was kinda upwards like going up a hill.later when put my car in neurtrial on a flat surface it was find.Is this normal?
neurtrial parking on 2004 Ford Focus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ZeeTech ,
March 28, 2011
Yes, it's normal, every car rolls in neutral because the parking pawl isn't engaged, therefor the wheels could roll freely. You either have to use the parking brake, push your brake pedal or shift it in "Park" mode.
1 answerMarch 28, 2011
This week's top 10
2004 Ford Focus Estimates
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($226 - 299) in Riverside, MI
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($310 - 418) in Columbus, OH
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Stonewall, LA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($133 - 202) in Sonora, KY
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($70 - 176) in Morley, MO
- Engine Mount Replacement ($180 - 243) in Sebago, ME