I am doing a head gasket replacement and I nee to know where is piston number 1 is located on my car so that I can put it at TOP DEAD CENTER. Also how do I know which valves are the intake and which ones are the exhaust because I forgot to label them in the order I took them out. Someone please help!
Need to know where piston number 1 is located. on 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Asked by for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Not sure when you posted this, but if you still need to know, #1 cylinder is the first piston on the back row (closest to the alternator). Its 1, 3, 5 across the back and 2, 4, 6 up front.
This week's top 10
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($268 - $416) in Slaterville Springs, NY
- Transmission Fluid Change ($115 - $140) in Kennard, NE
- AC Compressor Replacement ($674 - $929) in Uriah, AL
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Mc Cool, MS
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($805 - $1,383) in Alvord, IA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($114 - $145) in Rock City Falls, NY