I am doing a head gasket replacement and I nee to know where is piston number 1 is located on my car so that I can put it at TOP DEAD CENTER. Also how do I know which valves are the intake and which ones are the exhaust because I forgot to label them in the order I took them out. Someone please help!
Need to know where piston number 1 is located. on 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Not sure when you posted this, but if you still need to know, #1 cylinder is the first piston on the back row (closest to the alternator). Its 1, 3, 5 across the back and 2, 4, 6 up front.
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Radiator Replacement ($328 - 499) in Slaterville Springs, NY
- Clutch Replacement ($1,564 - 2,060) in Kennard, NE
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Uriah, AL
- Brake Pad Replacement ($224 - 299) in Mc Cool, MS
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($535 - 569) in Alvord, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($189 - 274) in Rock City Falls, NY