vehicle acted as if out of fuel. added fuel no help as battery died attempting restart. engine will crank a couple times them battery dies flat again, feared fuel pump, or alternator. Starter function. thought a relay might be the source? if battery is discharging like this would that also explain why it acted like it was out of fuel? Battery inspect after second discharge I found one very dry cell, filled it and recharging. If this fails I wanted to check these relays and there sockets as next diagnostic.
need pointers to testing the fuel pump and starter etc rlays in the fuse block on 1996 Dodge Ram Van 3500
1 answer 3 comments
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram Van 3500 Questions
- My gauge's are not reading when I try to start my van.
- Is there more than One load center on this vehicle ? besides LH dash ?
- The blower resistor motor keeps going out: I can replace it and do, but now it goes out after a few weeks.
- My signals, hazards, and brake lights aren't working
- Is it possible for my Dodge Ram 3500 Van to select MAP sensors? I've had cause to change the brain box recently and even the in-tank fuel pump. It still runs so rich on fuel and there isn't a Dodge dealership or repair shop to run to.
1996 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Estimates