replacing airbags,but dont know where module is located.found used parts to replace.
Volkswagen Q&AAsk Your Question
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Question: need location of airbag module.
overbys from Overbys Inc, February 28, 2011, 12:40Master
the airbag module is located on the center tunnel,
forward of the console, near the ventilation ducting
Answer #2goodguysdiesel from Good Guys Diesel, February 28, 2011, 12:43Journeyman
J234 Airbag Control Module
* On center tunnel, forward of console, near ventilation ducting and bulkhead
* Press locking tab -5-, swing connector lock -4- to position shown (arrow), and disconnect harness connector -6- from airbag control module -1-.
* Remove nuts -3- and remove control module -1- with bracket from mounting studs.
* Tightening torque (nuts -3-): 20 Nm (15 ft lb)
* Remove nuts -7. and remove control module -1- from bracket.
* Tightening torque (nuts -7-): 9 Nm (80 in lb)
Replyairbag, February 28, 2011, 12:59Rookie
you wouldnt have a picture of what you are describing do you
Replygoodguysdiesel, March 01, 2011, 10:00Journeyman
email me and i can send you a picture...not sure how to post a picture here. firstname.lastname@example.org