My truck is a diesel and has about 100,000 miles on it. The starting issue was very intermittent at first, but now the truck will not even start. Seems like a fuel issue to me. When it does try to start it is only after I feather the fuel pedal or prime the fuel filter. There is fuel in the tank and though it has been below freezing the last week I can be almost certain the fuel is not frozen or waxed. I use an additive that eliminates water and protects the fuel otherwise. I have not tried to bleed the air out, if there is any. I am looking for a place to start diagnosing?? I am not sure how to check lift pump or injector pump, so any help with fuel delivery issues would be greatly appreciated!
Need help diagnosing starting issues. on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- How do you set the timing on a fuel injector pump
- While driving truck, it will go into neutral like state.
- lostmy battery amps -then battery fried then 2nd battery then starter went out-replaced batteries-,starter and alternator- now only 10 minuest later battery is low amping again! told the heater block was constantly running thou not on -almost on fir
- ALTERNATOR, STARTER AND BATTERIES just replaced because batteries were low amping and fryed one battery and starter- checked all wiring and grounds -new batterys ST WONT HOLD CHARGE either and CONTINUING TO DRAIN BATTERY WHAT IS GOING ON ?
- What if idler pulley goes out