My truck is a diesel and has about 100,000 miles on it. The starting issue was very intermittent at first, but now the truck will not even start. Seems like a fuel issue to me. When it does try to start it is only after I feather the fuel pedal or prime the fuel filter. There is fuel in the tank and though it has been below freezing the last week I can be almost certain the fuel is not frozen or waxed. I use an additive that eliminates water and protects the fuel otherwise. I have not tried to bleed the air out, if there is any. I am looking for a place to start diagnosing?? I am not sure how to check lift pump or injector pump, so any help with fuel delivery issues would be greatly appreciated!
Need help diagnosing starting issues. on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Asked by for the 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- airconditioner quit working after being charged. The drivers side was working.
- Truck hesitates while accelerating when you first tried to take off also at idle the RPMs will go up and down
- there is two fuse boxes, ones inside and there is another one outside
- Why is my diesel truck Smoking and very little power?
- stalls out, usually more at over 55 MPG. no show on computer read.
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($167 - $360) in Emblem, WY
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($69 - $125) in Janesville, IA
- Vacuum Pump Replacement ($580 - $848) in Harlingen, TX
- Diesel Injection Pump Replacement ($2,436 - $3,670) in Laketown, UT
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($225 - $327) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Cascilla, MS