My truck is a diesel and has about 100,000 miles on it. The starting issue was very intermittent at first, but now the truck will not even start. Seems like a fuel issue to me. When it does try to start it is only after I feather the fuel pedal or prime the fuel filter. There is fuel in the tank and though it has been below freezing the last week I can be almost certain the fuel is not frozen or waxed. I use an additive that eliminates water and protects the fuel otherwise. I have not tried to bleed the air out, if there is any. I am looking for a place to start diagnosing?? I am not sure how to check lift pump or injector pump, so any help with fuel delivery issues would be greatly appreciated!
Need help diagnosing starting issues. on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- Voltage regulator
- Engine shuts down randomly when you slow down to turn or decelerate
- Replaced fuel pump and filter truck still wont start. any ideas on what it is?
- Van keeps cutting off. I replaced coil & complete tune up and fuel pump.
- Leaking antifreeze but no leaks visible. Brand new radiator put in yday. The top
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($424 - 596) in Emblem, WY
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($152 - 513) in Janesville, IA
- Alternator Replacement ($252 - 415) in Harlingen, TX
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Laketown, UT
- Horn Replacement ($99 - 112) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($612 - 666) in Cascilla, MS