I can shut my trunk and yank on it with all my might and it won't open. But after a few miles or a hard bump and it flings open. I disconnected the trunk release but it did not solve the problem. Do I need to replace the entire assembly, can it be adjusted, or should I just weld it shut?!?
My trunk will latch, but won't stay shut on 1993 Mercury Sable
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Why won't my car start? I put a charged battery in it.. it's not the alternator
- how can i fix the main brake box for all the brakes
- Broke abs sensor front left, can't see how its mounted so I can remove and repla
- the engine races then shuts off. what would cause this?
- how to replace front window washer pump
1993 Mercury Sable Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($338 - 534) in Bonlee, NC
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($81 - 122) in East Hanover, NJ
- Brake Pad Replacement ($157 - 238) in Dema, KY
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($246 - 334) in Matoaka, WV
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($91 - 175) in Mondovi, WI
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($430 - 500) in Saint Maurice, LA