It does it usually when I first start it. Started out just doing it every 3 months, now it does something crazy every time I start it. I have read similar posts and they recommend replacing the Encoder Motor Sensor. Is this an expensive fix? Sometimes it starts and says it is in Neutral, sometimes Auto only, sometimes no lights are working. Sure is scary to pull out and realize it is in 4 Low.
My truck will start out in 4WD, lights do not work sometimes. on 2005 GMC Sierra 1500
5 answersNovember 11, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
- Can I replace a regular 4.3 motor with a 4.3 vortex. From a 2001 blazer into a 2
- Can I put a motor from a 2001blazer into my truck. The blazer has a vortex
- Transmission went out price on new
- while driving down the rd my headlights and dashboard turns off.
- Why is GM not issuing a recall to fix the passlock system for free?
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Estimates
- 90,000 Mile Service ($464 - 644) in Ashland, LA
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Dryden, MI
- Transfer Case Fluid Replacement ($76 - 128) in Lanark, IL
- 15,000 Mile Service ($150 - 217) in Jaffrey, NH
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($469 - 503) in Withams, VA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($269 - 282) in Divernon, IL