It does it usually when I first start it. Started out just doing it every 3 months, now it does something crazy every time I start it. I have read similar posts and they recommend replacing the Encoder Motor Sensor. Is this an expensive fix? Sometimes it starts and says it is in Neutral, sometimes Auto only, sometimes no lights are working. Sure is scary to pull out and realize it is in 4 Low.
My truck will start out in 4WD, lights do not work sometimes. on 2005 GMC Sierra 1500
5 answersNovember 11, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
- When I shift into gear, it make a grinding noice, any suggestions would be
- I ran my truck out of gas when it was freezing cold out now it won't start
- Service 4wd light, no lights on 4wd switch, stuck in 2wd.
- can I use platinium spark plugs instead of iridium?
- Do I have to take off the steering wheel just to replace the ignition switch
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ashland, LA
- Water Pump Replacement ($258 - 485) in Dryden, MI
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($72 - 109) in Lanark, IL
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($198 - 337) in Jaffrey, NH
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($223 - 392) in Withams, VA
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($206 - 280) in Divernon, IL