It does it usually when I first start it. Started out just doing it every 3 months, now it does something crazy every time I start it. I have read similar posts and they recommend replacing the Encoder Motor Sensor. Is this an expensive fix? Sometimes it starts and says it is in Neutral, sometimes Auto only, sometimes no lights are working. Sure is scary to pull out and realize it is in 4 Low.
My truck will start out in 4WD, lights do not work sometimes. on 2005 GMC Sierra 1500
5 answersNovember 11, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
- My gauges work perfectly but the light don't , does anyone know why or how
- Isit advisable to buy a Sierra with repairs done to the engine camshaft?
- A/C stops working until engine is restarted
- My truck is not leaking oil but burns a quart of oil after about 1500 miles.
- Why does my truck shake at 60 mph?