It does it usually when I first start it. Started out just doing it every 3 months, now it does something crazy every time I start it. I have read similar posts and they recommend replacing the Encoder Motor Sensor. Is this an expensive fix? Sometimes it starts and says it is in Neutral, sometimes Auto only, sometimes no lights are working. Sure is scary to pull out and realize it is in 4 Low.
My truck will start out in 4WD, lights do not work sometimes. on 2005 GMC Sierra 1500
5 answersNovember 11, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
- My steering wheel is slightly angled towards the drivers door is this normal?
- Driving 65 on Highway. Truck just stalled. It starts an immediately stalls out,
- Replaced the starter, crank but not start, coils not firing,new sensor bcm/pcm
- when driving my anti theft light comes on and shuts off all my gauges of but the
- clicking noise in cabin under dash.