I ran the truck 600 miles towing a car there and back. The check in lite came on my way there. I was running it in overdrive some of the way there on the way back with no overdrive it started popping up thru the air cleaner. when I got home I scanned it, it read miss fire on #3 cylinder and trans temp. so I put plugs wires and cap on it. and cleared the codes. now its missing after it warms up. at a idle just a little for 20 seconds and then really bad. and popping and losing power on the freeway at higher speeds.no check engine lights ether. Please help.
my truck starts missing and popping after it warms up.new plugs wires cap. on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- Voltage regulator
- Engine shuts down randomly when you slow down to turn or decelerate
- Replaced fuel pump and filter truck still wont start. any ideas on what it is?
- Van keeps cutting off. I replaced coil & complete tune up and fuel pump.
- Leaking antifreeze but no leaks visible. Brand new radiator put in yday. The top
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Emblem, WY
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($213 - 341) in Janesville, IA
- Diesel Supply Pump Replacement ($320 - 474) in Harlingen, TX
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($182 - 238) in Laketown, UT
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($368 - 819) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Horn Replacement ($99 - 112) in Cascilla, MS