My font pinion bearing in my front diff. froze up and when I activated my four wheel drive at 45 miles an hour the truck felt like the brakes were put on and I smelled clutches burning. I replaced the front diff. and now my transfer case will move the front wheels if the truck is on jacks,but on the ground it will not turn the front wheels. I heard that 4 low was a direct drive but it still will not spin the front wheels on the ground. I know that the clutches are bad, but could there be another problem. I'm sure I can rebuild it myself, but would it be worth it cost wise or should I buy a rebuilt one? Thanks Jeff Horton
My transfer case doesn't work on 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Problems(22)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Repair Estimates
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Q&A(14)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Recalls(7)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Shops
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Questions
- What are the best kind of tires that I should be using on my truck?
- Where is the best place to get service for my truck in my area?
- My truck always pulls to the right when I step on the brakes. Why?
- PROBLEMS WITH MY DOOR LOCK SYSTEM. WILL NOT LOCK W/FOB. CRAWL IN BACK WINDOW
- My ac compressor will engage and then after 3 seconds disengages
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($200 - 271) in Blackwell, OK
- EGR Valve Replacement ($223 - 351) in Kenansville, NC
- 80,000 Mile Service ($54 - 96) in Buttonwillow, CA
- Brake Booster Replacement ($459 - 819) in Rombauer, MO
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($20 - 25) in Avon, SD
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($106 - 115) in Jeffersonton, VA