My font pinion bearing in my front diff. froze up and when I activated my four wheel drive at 45 miles an hour the truck felt like the brakes were put on and I smelled clutches burning. I replaced the front diff. and now my transfer case will move the front wheels if the truck is on jacks,but on the ground it will not turn the front wheels. I heard that 4 low was a direct drive but it still will not spin the front wheels on the ground. I know that the clutches are bad, but could there be another problem. I'm sure I can rebuild it myself, but would it be worth it cost wise or should I buy a rebuilt one? Thanks Jeff Horton
My transfer case doesn't work on 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Asked by for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
1 more answer
1 answerSeptember 21, 2015
- How to Fix Your Brakes
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Problems(22)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Repair Estimates
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Q&A(15)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Recalls(7)
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Shops
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Questions
- Having fuel issues every once and awhile.
- What are the best kind of tires that I should be using on my truck?
- Where is the best place to get service for my truck in my area?
- My truck always pulls to the right when I step on the brakes. Why?
- PROBLEMS WITH MY DOOR LOCK SYSTEM. WILL NOT LOCK W/FOB. CRAWL IN BACK WINDOW
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($346 - 579) in Blackwell, OK
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($357 - 516) in Kenansville, NC
- Vacuum Pump Replacement ($333 - 566) in Buttonwillow, CA
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($143 - 387) in Rombauer, MO
- Tire Pressure Monitor Lamp Diagnosis ($26 - 34) in Avon, SD
- Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement ($192 - 226) in Jeffersonton, VA