I had the timing belt replaced along with the pulley and water pump. When it was re-started it ran rough at low rpms but smooth at higher rpms. I checked the compression and I have two dead cylinders on the left side (drivers side)I was told that since the engine is an interference engine, I must have floated the valves and consequently they struck the pistons and bent. How long would it take to repair the left side doing a valve job and how much would it cost. With 150,000 miles should I get a complete valve job on both sides with the head machined and how much would that cost?
My timing belt snapped on my Chrysler 300m and the engine quit running. on 1999 Chrysler 300M
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler 300M Questions
- How to check fuel pressure on my car?
- I just fixed a fuel leak and now the check engine light is on and it will not
- by the drivers side door end of the dash board
- Heat/AC only come out of defrost; no forced air, fan only works on high. Why?
- Out of sight coolant leak near oil pan front of engine area. Any ideas?