My T/C light is on and want go off. What can the problem be? on 2003 GMC Yukon

I replaced the ABS Module and that's when the T/C light came on and want go off. I took it back to the shop who did the work and he came up with codes P1571, P1689 and he said that it has something to do with my transmission but when I went to research the codes and what they mean it doesn't state anything about the transmission. Help!

by in Phenix City, AL on March 27, 2013
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on March 27, 2013
take to tranny specialist. could be as simple as dirty connection. could mean the torque conv. failing. tranny tech. will know. review when tranny last serviced. it may just be due.
ANSWER by on March 29, 2013
Both of those codes could relate to wiring/bad connection issues. Does the shop you are taking this to have the capability to communicate with the ABS computer, or does their equipment only support OBD-II protocol? Why was the EBCM (ABS computer) replaced in the first place? Without looking at the car, I can't say for sure, but an internal transmission problem doesn't sound likely from the information I have.
COMMENT by on March 29, 2013
The ABS module was replaced because it was bad. On my dash it read Service Brake System and my brake and abs light was on and stayed on so I went and had it checked and that what the problem was. So when I had it replaced that's when the T/C light came on and wouldn't go off. But today my husband took the battery cable off and waited for about 15 mins and we put it back on and I started my truck and the T/C light didn't come on, so I'm thinking when they replaced my module they didn't disconnect the battery cable.