When I check the system with a scanner at my local mechanic the code that appears is PO420. This car has a 3.1 v6 with automatic transmission. If anyone has encountered the same problem please e-mail any suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you and may you have a Blessed Day.
My Service Engine Soon will come on. on 1997 Buick Century
Asked by for the 1997 Buick Century
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
June 27, 2014
P0420-catalyst below efficiency , have system (rear O2 sensor) monitored with scanner(NOT CODE READER!!!!!) to verify converter function. Clear code and see if it returns.
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
1997 Buick Century Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($261 - $536) in San Felipe, TX
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($632 - $745) in Spring Valley, IL
- Heater Core Replacement ($378 - $524) in Kinsale, VA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($74 - $101) in Bethlehem, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($221 - $266) in Amargosa Valley, NV
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($615 - $1,311) in Linefork, KY