When I check the system with a scanner at my local mechanic the code that appears is PO420. This car has a 3.1 v6 with automatic transmission. If anyone has encountered the same problem please e-mail any suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you and may you have a Blessed Day.
My Service Engine Soon will come on. on 1997 Buick Century
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
June 27, 2014
P0420-catalyst below efficiency , have system (rear O2 sensor) monitored with scanner(NOT CODE READER!!!!!) to verify converter function. Clear code and see if it returns.
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- It seems my dim lights are not working.What could be the problem.
- can the transmission be repaired? I've been told by 2 repair shops no
- Other than the resistor, what else could cause my heater to only work on high se
- Starter good battery good but can't figure out why it won't turn over to start
- what size is the power steering high pressure hose
1997 Buick Century Estimates
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($146 - 195) in San Felipe, TX
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Spring Valley, IL
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($247 - 426) in Kinsale, VA
- 7,500 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Bethlehem, GA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($87 - 107) in Amargosa Valley, NV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($147 - 177) in Linefork, KY