When I check the system with a scanner at my local mechanic the code that appears is PO420. This car has a 3.1 v6 with automatic transmission. If anyone has encountered the same problem please e-mail any suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you and may you have a Blessed Day.
My Service Engine Soon will come on. on 1997 Buick Century
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
June 27, 2014
P0420-catalyst below efficiency , have system (rear O2 sensor) monitored with scanner(NOT CODE READER!!!!!) to verify converter function. Clear code and see if it returns.
This week's top 10
1997 Buick Century Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($303 - 570) in San Felipe, TX
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($184 - 226) in Spring Valley, IL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($246 - 346) in Kinsale, VA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($182 - 253) in Bethlehem, GA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($64 - 82) in Amargosa Valley, NV
- Engine Mount Replacement ($180 - 198) in Linefork, KY