Thanks...I've owned about 7 Audis (my best friend is an Audi tech for 20 years) but he now has two kids an hour away so he'll nail the issue for me but I'm trying to fix it up here myself and give John some ideas as to what is wrong before I drop it off at his place. I never go to dealers and did so twice...unfortunately,they don't have the experience my friend John Miller does here in NJ...I'll check out your suggestions though they sound plausible...I've even listened to the fuel pump for that 'sound'...it could be cutting out - maybe I'll throw another one in anyway since the car has 206k miles on it...it doesn't owe me anything! Thanks, Kathy
My "Owwwwwwwdeee" on 1996 Audi A4 Quattro
Asked by for the 1996 Audi A4 Quattro
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Quattro Questions
- When I put the car into gear and release the clutch, it won't drive
- Theres a loud whine when I accelerate at high RPM. What could it be?
- The ride control suspension just dropped. The lights flash and nothing happens,
- I can't pull off my intake manifold/fuel rail. It wiggles but feels stuck.
- My cams were rotated independantly of the crank during a timing chain repair.
1996 Audi A4 Quattro Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Eagle Bridge, NY
- Fuel Filter Change ($138 - $168) in Hutsonville, IL
- Brake Pad Replacement ($190 - $249) in Carrollton, OH
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($763 - $1,279) in Three Rivers, CA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($389 - $435) in Hermiston, OR
- Engine Mount Replacement ($539 - $1,325) in Hammond, IL