Thanks...I've owned about 7 Audis (my best friend is an Audi tech for 20 years) but he now has two kids an hour away so he'll nail the issue for me but I'm trying to fix it up here myself and give John some ideas as to what is wrong before I drop it off at his place. I never go to dealers and did so twice...unfortunately,they don't have the experience my friend John Miller does here in NJ...I'll check out your suggestions though they sound plausible...I've even listened to the fuel pump for that 'sound'...it could be cutting out - maybe I'll throw another one in anyway since the car has 206k miles on it...it doesn't owe me anything! Thanks, Kathy
My "Owwwwwwwdeee" on 1996 Audi A4 Quattro
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A4 Quattro Questions
- How much will cost to do the timing chain extensior?
- Is there an gasket right below the coil packs on a 2.8
- Gas leak, put new fuel rail an injectors in an still leaking gas
- What would cause my heater to stop blowing out air?
- extended warranty - I just bought my leased2014 A4 and trying to decide whether
1996 Audi A4 Quattro Estimates
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($168 - 253) in Eagle Bridge, NY
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($370 - 446) in Hutsonville, IL
- 110,000 Mile Service ($144 - 228) in Carrollton, OH
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($291 - 428) in Three Rivers, CA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($593 - 766) in Hermiston, OR
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($450 - 934) in Hammond, IL