The car has been a great car, but now will not start. The dash lights come on, windows & radio work. But when I lock the car and try to open the door with the window down, the security alarm does not sound. Does this have anything to do with the car not starting? When trying to start the car, there is nothing, no clicking. I can hear the hum of the fuel pump, I think. The battery looks okay, cleaned the posts, checked cables, starter seems to be working. Pulled plugs of the security system and put them back in. The only thing different that happened was the last time I drove the car, I locked the keys in the car, and used a spare to open the door. The car started right up then. I had an automatic door opener but it broke and has not been used in years. Because the security alarm didn't go off, would this have anything to do with the car not starting? We have also checked the clutch switch and it is also working. Thanks for your help & suggestions. Cheryl
My Nissan 200sx ser will not start. on 1995 Nissan 200SX
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan 200SX Questions
- why don't i have a third or forth gear?
- Won't start or crank and clicking
- My 1998 Nissan 200sx has a revving issue. It jerks don't know why. Need help
- I start my car and drive and it starts jerking and sputtering, then no power
- My alarm won't let me start the car.tried to reset the alarm, nothing what now?
1995 Nissan 200SX Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($523 - 669) in Wilson, TX
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Acme, PA
- 97,500 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Woodburn, IA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($235 - 344) in Kimball, NE
- Alternator Replacement ($176 - 222) in Partlow, VA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($90 - 114) in Helmetta, NJ