Most transmission shops do not want to touch this car. It seems like it is low on fluid. I do not see any visible leaks and of course you can't check it. It is more prevelent in traffic where it is shifting alot. One transmission shop told me it might be a sensor.
My Jetta's transmission down shifts very hard comming to a stop. on 2008 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?