Most transmission shops do not want to touch this car. It seems like it is low on fluid. I do not see any visible leaks and of course you can't check it. It is more prevelent in traffic where it is shifting alot. One transmission shop told me it might be a sensor.
My Jetta's transmission down shifts very hard comming to a stop. on 2008 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
- Would a timing belt needing to be replaced cause my 2002vw jetta not to start
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($358 - 495) in Pall Mall, TN
- 7,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Carlisle, IA
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($146 - 223) in Saint Just, PR
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($408 - 696) in Farmingville, NY
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($797 - 913) in Shickley, NE
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($1,145 - 1,252) in Mabie, WV