It started making a scraping kind of noise which I thought sounded like my brakes; then a rattling noise that got progressively worse. Now the part time idiot light comes on, so I assume it's going into 4x4 by itself. Is it the transfer case and how difficult (and expensive) to fix?
my jeeps making a scraping & sort of rattling noise;now goes into 4x4 by itself on 1991 Jeep Cherokee
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Cherokee Questions
- Can the heater core leak for many years cause manifold oroblem?
- Goes dead while driving, sometimes starts right back up, others you have to wait
- my transmission will not shift gears I changed filter and gasket what wrong
- check engine light comes on/car is warm and restart makes car rumble for a few s
- My jeep won't turn over or start when It's hot!
1991 Jeep Cherokee Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($130 - $169) in Howell, UT
- Heater Hose Replacement ($151 - $221) in Mexia, TX
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($371 - $476) in Mc Henry, KY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($283 - $405) in Savonburg, KS
- Engine Mount Replacement ($299 - $333) in Brush Valley, PA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($377 - $412) in Maylene, AL