I'm not sure what it is. I turned it on this morning and got the loud roaring noise and then got on the highway and was fine. But then I got off my exit and it started back up again. It doesn't sound good. Could it be anything related to needing to change/give it more engine oil?
My Jeep is making a loud roaring noise. on 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Asked by for the 2001 Jeep Cherokee
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Cherokee Questions
- Can the heater core leak for many years cause manifold oroblem?
- Goes dead while driving, sometimes starts right back up, others you have to wait
- my transmission will not shift gears I changed filter and gasket what wrong
- check engine light comes on/car is warm and restart makes car rumble for a few s
- My jeep won't turn over or start when It's hot!
2001 Jeep Cherokee Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($283 - $405) in Fairdale, KY
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($76 - $128) in Orbisonia, PA
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Spearfish, SD
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($398 - $596) in Star, NC
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($1,614 - $1,657) in Bellmont, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($299 - $333) in Eden, NC