I filled up my tank last night no more than a mile from my house, did not go anywhere after that. When i turned on my car this morning it was missing almost a 1/4 of the tank. So i went back to fill it to the top again, and it only allowed me to put in $0.40. I noticed this a while back, especially when it gets below a 1/4 tank, it seems as the gas evaporates form the reader. I ran 7 days with my "LOW FUEL" sensor on. I think the floater or gas pump might be worn out, or even broken. How can i figure this out?
My Ion does not give me an accurate gas reading. What could it be? on 2007 Saturn Ion
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn Ion Questions
- What happens if my transfer case is going bad?
- Has anyone ever heard of a lower control arm splitting in half while driving?
- won't start,.died at red light would not start back
- Car will crank but wont start will hit and try to start if throttle is held open
- Getting power to the passenger sid power window
2007 Saturn Ion Estimates
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($541 - 1,042) in Cato, NY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($336 - 442) in Julian, WV
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($139 - 211) in Lakewood, NJ
- Spark Plug Replacement ($180 - 239) in Portage, OH
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($159 - 242) in Otterbein, IN
- Window Switch Replacement ($80 - 202) in Saint Francis, ME