I filled up my tank last night no more than a mile from my house, did not go anywhere after that. When i turned on my car this morning it was missing almost a 1/4 of the tank. So i went back to fill it to the top again, and it only allowed me to put in $0.40. I noticed this a while back, especially when it gets below a 1/4 tank, it seems as the gas evaporates form the reader. I ran 7 days with my "LOW FUEL" sensor on. I think the floater or gas pump might be worn out, or even broken. How can i figure this out?
My Ion does not give me an accurate gas reading. What could it be? on 2007 Saturn Ion
Asked by for the 2007 Saturn Ion
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn Ion Questions
- Key broke in ignition 4 days ago. Had ignition replaced with battery 2 years ago
- Code about driver seat
- Check engine light comes on then will start blinking. Says misfire cylinder 3
- What happens if my transfer case is going bad?
- Has anyone ever heard of a lower control arm splitting in half while driving?
2007 Saturn Ion Estimates
- Clutch Replacement ($1,287 - $2,036) in Cato, NY
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($609 - $782) in Julian, WV
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($318 - $420) in Lakewood, NJ
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($541 - $1,042) in Portage, OH
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($137 - $155) in Otterbein, IN
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($245 - $263) in Saint Francis, ME