1993 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Q&A

1993 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Question: My injectors are not recieveing fuel from my tank. How do i fix my problem?

My engine turns over and my fuel pump is still working but my injectors are not recieveing the fuel. The truck has sparjs and everything else is working. -
If you were to carefully pour just a LITTLE BIT of your lawnmower gas down the throttle body will it try to start then? -
Comment 1
Yes, but it dies after like 45 seconds. -
Comment 2
This Throttle Body Injection system is a tough one to check the fuel pressure on but that needs to be done. Also need to check for injector pulse with a noid light. These test have to be performed before anyone can give you an answer that will help. May have to get your mechanic to look at it. Pump can still operate but not pump enough fuel/pressure to the injectors. Pump most likely suspect!! TBI system pressure is 9 to 13 PSI!! Will run at 9 but needs about 12 when throttled to perform well. -
have you changed fuel filter lately. possibly clogged. rec. fuel system clean. ethanol treatment to 1 tank premium fuel. ethanol blend in fuel causes build up in fuel system, combustion chambers, exhaust system and causes increased wear to spark plugs. injectors are part of fuel delivery, possibly fouled(build up). wetry is correct about the fuel pump. sometimes won't quite suddenly but die slowly. working but not working. -
We've seen ignition modules on that model fail just like you described. You need several pounds of fuel pressure as well. How loud is the pump. A screaming fuel pump is a dead give away. Time to bring it in... -