The blower just quit working and does not work turned down or at any speed but the digital reading for the temp shows level of fan speed.
My heater fan quit working so I replaced the blower but that was not the problem. on 1998 Oldsmobile Regency
There should be a blower speed controller and/or resistor that should vary the fan speed. This and/or a wiring harness in that area should be repaired.
1. Disconnect the blower module.
2. Connect the Red to the Purple, the blower should run on high speed.
3. Check that the blower runs steady and quietly.
4. If not, replace the blower motor and module.
5. If OK, test the module ground wire, Black.
6. Test for 2-8v on the Gray/Black wire, module disconnected, key on, blower selected.
7. If above OK, replace the blower module.
http://www.jaysauto.net if you need more help.