My fusion has shifted fine since i bought it until about a month ago, now sometimes it wont fully go into reverse. i can let it roll back a bit with the clutch in and then it will go in, or play around with the shifter and eventually it will go into gear. It doesnt matter if the car is running or not. It will work fine for days then one day it won't want to go into reverse. i took it in to ford and they said that there was nothing wrong with it and that it was probably the way I was moving the shifter into reverse. they "showed" me the "proper" way to move it into reverse and told me that the slightest movement upward would make the car think it was in 5th so then it wouldn't go into reverse. I am not happy with this diagnosis and i am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their fusion and if so what the problem was or if it is actually just me? ford said the new ones do it too but wouldn't show me. Thanks
my fusion sometimes won't fully go into reverse? on 2008 Ford Fusion
Asked by for the 2008 Ford Fusion
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Fusion Questions
- BadCreakingGroaning steering but not suspension/tie rod ends.Steering ''Box''?
- will having a bad engine motor mount casuse my ford to jerk when accelerating
- No crank w/key or remote start. Lights only work. No dash, radio, etc.. Battery?
- How do you reset a radio if it goes dead after jump starting battery. Fuses fine
- When I put my car in gear to drive, press the nothing happens what's my problem?
2008 Ford Fusion Estimates
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - $77) in Kirtland, NM
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($117 - $159) in Ortley, SD
- Clutch Replacement ($858 - $1,057) in Hart, MI
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($676 - $881) in Lovejoy, GA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($487 - $534) in Starrucca, PA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($240 - $301) in Garber, IA