My fusion has shifted fine since i bought it until about a month ago, now sometimes it wont fully go into reverse. i can let it roll back a bit with the clutch in and then it will go in, or play around with the shifter and eventually it will go into gear. It doesnt matter if the car is running or not. It will work fine for days then one day it won't want to go into reverse. i took it in to ford and they said that there was nothing wrong with it and that it was probably the way I was moving the shifter into reverse. they "showed" me the "proper" way to move it into reverse and told me that the slightest movement upward would make the car think it was in 5th so then it wouldn't go into reverse. I am not happy with this diagnosis and i am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their fusion and if so what the problem was or if it is actually just me? ford said the new ones do it too but wouldn't show me. Thanks
my fusion sometimes won't fully go into reverse? on 2008 Ford Fusion
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Fusion Questions
- I just had the driver & passenger side handle break. Why?
- What would cause a loud roaring sound in the front end? Changes sounds as i turn
- Car jerked hard when put in reverse but not in drive. Had transmission replace
- My exterior mirrors readjust to the lowest position all on their own.
- What do codes B1086,1082,1081 mean on my Ford Fusion?
2008 Ford Fusion Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - 66) in Kirtland, NM
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($66 - 272) in Ortley, SD
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($419 - 630) in Hart, MI
- Air Pump Replacement ($343 - 392) in Lovejoy, GA
- Trans Fluid & Filter Replacement ($166 - 307) in Starrucca, PA
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($390 - 679) in Garber, IA