It blowes what looks like white/grey smoke when first started, cold & when I stop at a light or first put it in gear & hit the gas but no other time. sometimes it has a small miss while driving. I've changed 02 sensors,coils, spark plugs, value pan gasket. nothing seems to be leaking what can cause this.
my explorer smokes when cold or when idle & given gas. smoke goes way after that on 2002 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 2002 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
- Dual zone heat. Driver side blows hot, passenger cold. what is issue?
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Kendrick, ID
- EGR Valve Replacement ($163 - $254) in Logan, OH
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($493 - $668) in Walton, KS
- Heater Core Replacement ($708 - $893) in La Grange, TX
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($132 - $215) in Loleta, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($154 - $189) in Loretto, VA