My EPC light and check engine light are on but before this happen about a month earlier the door chime constantly came on and went off especially if driving over bumps and making sharp turns. I took my car to the local car clinic which could work on volkswagen vehicles. I was told that the constant chiming was caused by a faulty driver's door wiring harness and that needed to be repaired to make the chiming stop. By the time I got the door wiring harnes part, now the Epc and check engine light is on and the car will start but it will not drive. I know the problem is electrical but what exactly is the problem?
My EPC light and check engine light are on. on 2002 Volkswagen Beetle
Asked by for the 2002 Volkswagen Beetle
You will have to have your can scanned with a volkswagen computer. I don't think the door problems are related to your epc light. You may a have electronic throttle problems.
Eurotech Car Care
Eurotech Car Care
1 answerDecember 11, 2011
16 answersJune 25, 2009
1 answerDecember 20, 2009
4 answersJune 13, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- 1.8 T in my car d.o.h.c. crankshaft scored Will A 2004 Jetta 1.8 T awp engin
- The car starts when I add ether, but just for a few seconds after it just shuts
- What is the estimated cost to replace transmission in the th VW?
- what is the calibration gap for this 2.0l
- What causes it not to fire when u have both fuel and spark?
2002 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Heater Core Replacement ($673 - $872) in Newton, IA
- Oil and Filter Change ($41 - $102) in Kemah, TX
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Blanco, NM
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($326 - $426) in Fairfax, CA
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($259 - $317) in Iola, KS
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($400 - $435) in West End, NC