I was driving one day and it cut off. When I tried to turn it back on it made a clicking/grinding sound. I assumed it was my flywheel/ starter. Mechanic says he can't do anything because the engine is locked and it needs to be replaced. I honestly don't want to junk it after I just put in a new compressor plus other repairs. Is it worth it to replace the engine. My mechanic is charging me $1,800.
My engine locked up and my mechanic says I need a new engine, what should I do? on 1997 Infiniti I30
This week's top 10
Recent Infiniti I30 Questions
- The windshield wipers and radio will turn off at times when driving
- How to extract ignition coil if bolt has snapped off?
- Car has clean title. Says no accidents but structural damaged? Is it ok to buy?
- My car won't start Security light is not present at All How do I disconnect alar
- What is the cost to diagnose and repair the ABS.